Car Detailing is much more than just cleaning your car. Save Money and stay healthier with a cleaner car.
Running a car through a car wash might wash the dirt off of it, but it doesn’t keep the car in pristine condition like a thorough detail. Unlike a car wash, detailing not only keeps a car clean, but it also protects a car’s paint and interior, so they’re not as vulnerable to natural elements and to use. Detailing is important because it extends the life of a vehicle and helps it maintain its maximum resale value. Regular professional detailing will help customers enjoy their cars, add value to their cars, and save money in the long-term.
- Customer Satisfaction – Who doesn’t love driving a new, shiny car? Cars are one of our biggest investments and expenses, so many people want to take good care of them.
- Saves Money – While it obviously costs money to get a car detailed, doing it regularly will actually save car owners money in the long run. More people are driving their cars longer, and regular maintenance is very important to keeping a car on the road. Once someone is ready to sell their car, a clean and well-maintained car will always have more value.
- Safety and Wellness – A clean car removes dust and any other hazardous particles which protects drivers and riders from allergies and other sickness. Clean glass on the windshield, windows, and mirrors helps drivers see better and avoid accidents.
But What is Car Detailing?
Professional car detailing is the art and the craft of cleaning and restoring a vehicle to like-new condition. Car detailing services are much more precise and labor-intensive than getting a car wash. A car wash is normally an automated system that a car passes through to clean the exterior. Professional auto detailing is always done by hand, and includes exterior and interior car detailing services.
What Car Detailing Services are Included in Professional Car Detailing?
While anyone can detail a car by cleaning the inside and outside as best as they can, a professional detail is done by an experienced detailer with the right techniques and high quality products.
Often, professional detailers set up packages and pricing in advance for the services that they want to offer. Many use a business management app like Mobile Tech RX to keep track of their packages, pricing, estimates, and invoices. You can try the app completely free – it will help you set up your customer database (CRM), your price list, branded invoices, your bookkeeping (through QuickBooks), payment processing, marketing, and more.
Here are common car detailing services that professional detailers typically include in their packages:
Exterior Car Cleaning
- Exterior wash and dry – This washing and drying process is done by hand. The detailer will spray and wipe down the body of the car with specialized products. This includes hand washing the rims, door handles, and glass.
- Polishing – Polishing buffs an abrasive compound onto the car’s paint to remove small layers of clear coat. This makes small scratches and swirls in the paint disappear.
- Sealing or Waxing – To give the car a glossy shine and to add a protective layer to the car’s paint, a sealant is applied. In some cases, wax can be used.
Other exterior services that can be added include trim repainting, engine detailing, headlight polishing, engine pressure cleaning, bumper repair, glass chip repair and paint touch up.
Interior Car Cleaning
- Vacuuming – Seats, carpets and mats, headliner, rear cargo area, and trunk are vacuumed to clean debris.
- Scrubbing and Brushing – This is done to remove stains on floor carpets and mats
- Steam Cleaning – Steam cleaning is a more effective method of removing tough stains in carpets and seats.
- Glass Cleaning – Cleaning the windshield and windows.
- Leather Trimming – A leather cleaner and soap are used to clean any leather parts in the vehicle.
- Perfuming – Many detailers spray a deodorant into the interior of a car to leave the car smelling clean and new.